What Are We Feeding Our Body? Try An Anti-inflammatory Berry Smoothie
Acute Inflammation can cause pain of varying types and severity. Pain may be constant and steady, throbbing and pulsating, stabbing, pinching and even burning. Pain results when the buildup of fluid leads to swelling, and the swollen tissues push against sensitive nerve endings. The pressure sends pain signals to the brain, causing discomfort. Try this easy to make Anti-inflammatory Berry Smoothie.
Did you know that in just 5 minutes you can make a smoothie that can help reduce inflammation in the body?
Anti-inflammatory smoothies are rich in antioxidants, omega 3 fatty acids and low on the glycemic load.
Antioxidants are substances that may protect your cells against free radicals, which may play a role in heart disease, cancer and other diseases. Free radicals are molecules produced when your body breaks down food or when you’re exposed to tobacco smoke or radiation.
Omega 3 Fatty Acids– Findings have shown that they can
- Help lower blood pressure
- Reduce triglycerides
- Slow the development of plaque in the arteries
- Reduce the chance of abnormal heart rhythm
- Reduce the likelihood of heart attack and stroke
- Lessen the chance of sudden cardiac death in people with heart disease
The Glycemic Load – A food number that estimates how much that food will raise one’s blood glucose level after eating it. One unit of glycemic load approximates the effect of eating one gram of glucose.
It is important that we watch what we feed our bodies. Studies have shown that diet and exercise can help improve overall health. LET’S GET HEALTHY!!!!
Anti-inflammatory Berry Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups of water, almond milk or regular milk
- I –1 and ½ cups of mixed berries- rich in antioxidants
- The juice of one half of a lemon- alkalizing and good source of vitamin C
- 1 banana-good for potassium and prebiotics
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon (more if you like)- anti-inflammatory and has anti-diabetic properties
- ¼ teaspoon of ginger- very powerful anti-inflammatory plus many other health benefits
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseeds- for Omega 3’s
- 1 scoop of protein powder (optional)
- If you must add sweetener, stevia or the like- or other natural sweetener like honey, agave or natural unsweetened maple syrup (You can also add a teaspoon of Apple Cider vinegar for a little tang)
Leave a Comment